Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Sarah Byrd
  • Family
  • School
  • Work/Childcare
  • Early Childhood Education
    • Kindergarten & Preschool 
    • Teaching in the 21st century
  • Passions
    • Children
    • Working out
    • Eating
    • Beach/Outdoors

My name is Sarah Byrd. I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama with a major in Early Childhood Education. I am from Birmingham, Alabama and have lived in the same house all of my life. I have two older brothers William and Kyle, who are both very successful graduates from Auburn University, and they are my favorite people in the world. My two sister-in-laws both work in teaching and have inspired me to continue with my hopes of becoming a teacher. I spent most of high school babysitting and being a nanny. Later, I started working at my church, Hunter Street Baptist Church, as a teacher in the nursery. I met many teachers through this job and am grateful for that experience. I started in the College of Business as a freshman at South and soon realized I was meant to be in the College of Education. I have always loved working with children and more specifically younger children. I am looking forward to this semester, because I will going to more classes for my major and learning more what it means to be a teacher in the 21st century.

I believe that in the 21st century an educator's work entails a lot of following the curriculum with little freedom. I know things are constantly changing in the classrooms, and are becoming very restraint and done a certain way. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it does mean that teachers won't be given the opportunity to use their full abilities in the classrooms because they are being told to teach a certain way. I also believe that being a educator includes being an important role model in all your students lives. I want to be a Kindergarten teacher or even Preschool teacher, and with children so young it is so important to be not only a disciplined authority figure in their lives, but also an encouraging loving teacher. The children in our classrooms all live very different lives with different families so a safe classroom has got to be one of the most important things an educator's work entails.

My passion is the beach. I could spend the rest of my days there. I love the sand, sun, and water.
beach ocean sand

 

 










Picture Source: Google image

No comments:

Post a Comment