Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post #5

PLNs What Are They?

My PLN (Personal Learning Network) seemed almost to easy to make. I chose to organize my websites on Symbaloo. It is mind blowing to me that there are so many resources out there on the internet available for me, and Symbaloo is a perfect way to organize my personal and educational websites all on one page, so it's easier to see and navigate through.

Dr. Strange made it clear that my PLN is more than just the organization of my favorite websites on Symbaloo, but a list of people and tools that I can look to for help on my journey of becoming a teacher and even after during my time in a classroom.

People

  • Dr. John H Strange- Lead Professor at the University of South Alabama, College of Education. EDM310 Teacher. 
  • Dr. Jean Clark- Professor at the University of South Alabama, College of Education. Human Growth and Development Teacher.
  • Nancy Gaillard- Professor at the University of South Alabama, College of Education. K-6 Education Teacher.
  • Caitlin Byrd- My sister-in-law. Graduate of Auburn University with an Early Childhood/Elementary Education degree. Mentor. Encourager.
  • Amy Byrd-  My sister-in-law. Graduate of Troy University with a Psychology degree. Employed at Hunter Street Baptist Church, as a Assistant and works in Girls Ministry. Author of DwellMentor. Encourager. 
  • Ana Eagerton- Friend. Graduate of Auburn University with a degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education. 3rd grade teacher at Bluff Park Elementary School in Birmingham, Alabama. 

Tools

  • Pinterest
  • Craftsy
  • Blogger
  • Google Drive
  • Twitter


Below is a picture of my Symbaloo, which I will honestly use now. This is such a great tool and I will continue with it throughout my college experience and on to organize both my personal and educational websites.
symbaloo website which organizes various personal and educational wedsites on one page

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Symballo, too. Symbaloo is very useful after knowing exactly what it is. I have never heard of it until now and I use it too. You have a great layout throughout this post. I like the way you elaborated on special points and have lists and bullets in your post. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have started. Now expand your PLN. You could follow C4T and C4K teachers. Their Twitter addresses are on the respective assignments docs.

    ReplyDelete