Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blog Post #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

Little Kids...Big Potential
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 2
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 3

Ms. Kathy Cassidy uses a lot of technology in her classroom. She is a kindergarten teacher and has lots of great ideas to blend technology into classroom time. Ms. Cassidy, like all the other teachers I have learned about from EDM310 are using technology and pushing their students to use resources that are new an innovative to help them the learning process. She started her tech journey around 10 years ago when she started her own web page, and eventually started a class blog and got her students involved in writing their own blogs. She says her students love it and like that " they don't have to power down for school". I like her techniques that she uses with the blogs and Skype. I can see myself using those resources in my classroom. I wasn't that big a fan of her use of the Nintendo DS though, because that seems like a waste of money and a DS is originally used as a toy. I could address that the DS isn't a toy but a learning tool I suppose. Ms. Cassidy does an excellent job of using technology to benefit herself and her students! I hope that I continue to build my 'Personal Learning Network' like Ms. Cassidy suggested and will be able to master the resources that she seems to be doing so well in.

two students working with Ms. Cassidy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah.
    It was very interesting getting to know Ms. Cassidy and how she runs things in her classroom. I really like that she pointed out blogs aren't always used the same in every class. Even year to year, things change. You did a good job explaining what you learned from her and how you could use that when you become a teacher. I was also iffy about the Nintendo DS. Overall, good blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...are new an innovative …" and, not an

    Will Mrs. Cassidy be in your PLN?

    ReplyDelete